Monday, January 25, 2016

Motherhood is Tough



If you're having a rough day, just know, you are not alone! >>>

When I was younger, my mom would have what we kids called a "nervous breakdown" and she would walk out the front door, sit in her car, doors locked, and have a few minutes of silence all to herself. I'm sure she cried--with six kids, we were a lot to handle. And yet, I remember thinking motherhood was surely not that hard. 😬

Well, fast forward 20 years >>> I started THIS day with feelings of frustration, anger, exhaustion, and failure (NOT related to baby sleeping troubles--just general mom troubles).

I sat quietly in my own car while my daughter was in piano lessons--wondering how I could do it differently, how to make it better. I had to remind myself that perfect is not the goal--improvement is!

But why is it so hard? Why is it hard to do the everyday seemingly simple tasks like making dinner, cleaning up, helping the kids clean up, laundry--AND we homeschool, AND I run my own business--the list of everyday essentials goes on and on. Let alone ANYTHING ELSE.

Thank goodness for friends that are in the trenches with me, fighting the good fight. I have a total admiration for moms, especially those with smaller children. It's rough!

Today is probably not going to be super awesome. There. I said it. But I refuse to throw in the towel and let discouragement take over.

Because at the end of the day, I am so grateful for the life choices I've made. I'm happy to be married & raising these four children. I love that we homeschool and I love coaching. I really wouldn't design it any other way.

And you know what? THIS day can and WILL be turned around!

Mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment