Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sugar Free Banana Muffins

My daughter just had to make muffins!  I KNEW I wouldn't be able to resist if the smell of banana nut invaded my kitchen... so I convinced her to try a few substitutes (remember nutrition is a family affair) and presto!  Now, she still used white flour, so feel free to play with that a bit.  But here is our sugar-free recipe! It seriously did the job! MMMMmmmm...


Ingredients: 
  • 3 bananas
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp stevia
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 C applesauce (no sugar)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 C walnuts or blueberries

Method:

Preheat oven to 325.  Mash bananas in mixing bowl.  Add remaining ingredients and stir just until blended.  Line a mini muffin tin with 24 paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.  Divide batter evenly between mini muffin cups.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment