Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tips for a Flat Stomach

This is the year! The year I get that FLAT STOMACH, you know, the one EVERYONE WANTS! Well, I'm tired of wanting it, I'm having it!! PERIOD!  I found some great exercises I'm going to incorporate more into my regular workouts.  But I feel like I need something more... 

So.. I found this information in a Team Beachbody newsletter.  Too valuable not to share.

SECRETS for a FLAT STOMACH

1.  Kick the refined sugar!  Dang it! I like to sneak it in here and there!  But I really want that flat stomach so... F I N E... I'll ditch the sugar.

2.  Stand up straight.  Remember your parents nagging you about your posture? I did!  Now I have to start nagging myself! I might make a sign.. hang it on the door by my bedroom.  Maybe I'll even have it all capitals so it can be shouting at me, like any good parent would.

3.  HIIT training.  High intensity interval training. Good thing I already do this.  Between TurboFire HIIT and Insanity workouts, I definitely get that heart rate up and down plenty.  Phew... 1 for 3 so far!

4.  Getting sleep.  Mmmm... I WISH! I should try to go to bed just a little earlier.  No more using my children as an excuse. I know I might have to get up with one during the night, but that doesn't affect what time I GO to bed.  Goal: 10:15 IN BED every night. Gulp.

5.  Reduce Stress.  Even reading this makes me stressed.. But I have learned that organization helps for me.  If I don't have bills looming or overpacked schedules haunting then I can usually feel pretty good in my day.  Goal: Pay bills the day they come in. YIKES! And use my calendar religiously. No double booking my time!

Okay, let sum it up... 

This entire next 2 weeks (that's doable.. gulp) I will not have ANY refined sugar, I will pay attention to my posture, I will continue my HIIT workouts, I will go to bed by 10:15, and I will pay bills right away and use my calendar the way it is meant to be used in an effort to reduce stress.  

Anyone else up for the challenge?  I can't be the only one yearning for a flat tummy! I officially start May 6th!

No comments:

Post a Comment